Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Einstein's Parrot Cookies for Santa's Reindeer

itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Article" itemprop="name" itemprop="image" itemprop="name" While preparing for Santa's visit this year, I decided to make a batch of these cookies for his Reindeer! They are very tasty and healthy too! I hope the Reindeer will like them, I know I will!




Sweet Potato Almond Cookies  
(Use organic ingredients when possible)

Combine in a bowl and mix till smooth with an electric mixer.
1 cup roasted sweet potato, cooled (you can also use canned pumpkin)
1 mashed banana
1 egg
1/4 oil  (I used a combination of Red Palm Oil and coconut oil)

In another bowl combine:
2 cups of flour. (You can use all purpose flour, however, I used a mixture of Garbanzo bean flour, Spelt flour, Quinoa flour, and Kamut flour.)
1 cup of “Add-ins”
“Add-ins” can be anything you want to add. I used sunflower seed in the shell, millet, hemp seed, hemp hearts, chia seed, Quinoa flake, finely ground nuts, flax seed, sesame seed, shredded unsweetened coconut, ground pellets.
1 tsp. cinnamon (or make them spicy and use cayenne!)

Add the sweet potato mixture to the dry ingredients with  3/4 cup of water. Mix well. Batter will be stiff. Scoop onto a parchment lined cookie sheet using a # 40 scoop (or about 2 Tablespoons). The cookies will not spread out, so you can place them close together on the cookie sheet. Top with a whole almond and push the almond down into the batter covering the almond partially.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Let cool. Store in refrigerator or freeze.
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen.


I got my inspiration for these cookies from a post I saw on a Facebook page called The Parrot’s Pantry.  Lots of great ideas can be found there!

Merry Christmas! Merry Corn!

No comments: